[FOSS4G-Oceania] Student discounts - workshops

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:11:35 PDT 2018

Hi all, we announced student registrations on Friday, and we've been asked
whether we will have student discounts on workshops.

We've discussed it in general terms, my impression is there was general
agreement around the principle - but we haven't put anything specific into
place.

So, the questions are (supposing we offer a discount):

   1. Do we extend a discount to all students, or just students registered
   for the conference?
   2. How much do we charge?

The cost of catering for a workshop attendee is in the $35-40 range.

Thoughts?