[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 - programme outline
adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 03:29:20 PDT 2019
We’d like to share with you our current thinking about the 2019 programme,
and call for comments.
We need to put it all together and run calls for papers and workshops by
the end of May - so please spark any debates early! We will close
discussion and move toward a fixed plan at the end of April. Let's say 1
May is ‘close the discussion’ date.
As a rundown we have:
- 2 x 3.5 hour workshop sessions (8 rooms, 16 workshops possible in total)
- 60 15-20 minute stream talks (4 sessions, 3 streams, 5 talks each session)
- 4 keynotes
- a mystery hour on day 2, after the initial keynote. this might be a
panel, a very short unconference, a ’state of [QGIS/OSM/… ]’ plenary talk
session, or a facilitated community discussion on what we see as prevalent
issues in the community. We’d like to know what you think, but also reserve
the right to surprise (and we hope, delight) you
- a community day, which will be a mix of OSGeo code sprint, mapathons, and
other OSGeo / OSM related activities.
- various opportunities for breakfasts and informal socialising, as well as
an organised conference icebreaker and dinner.
These are laid out here:
There is a bit of variation from the 2018 formula. We’ve tried to add more
session talks; and hope to find a good provocative keynote to end with (in
fact we hope to find four excellent and thought provoking / challenging
Please feel free to comment on the document, respond to the list, or
myself, with ideas.
Dr. Adam Steer
+61 427 091 712 :: @adamdsteer
Suits are bad for business: http://www.spatialised.net/business-penguins/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSS4G-Oceania