[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: discounted tickets for committee members and workshop presenters

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 20:22:55 PDT 2019

Hi all

With workshops due to be announced on the 8th of September, I would like to
confirm to workshop presenters and conference committee members that they
are eligible for a community contributor ticket.

As we are all aware at this point, organising the conference takes a lot of
effort from a lot of people. I think that recognising that effort by
offering community contributor tickets is appropriate. Preparing and
presenting a half-day workshop and associated materials also requires
significant effort that should be recognised.

We have currently allocated 20 community contributor tickets and we have
sold 2. By specifically reaching out to workshop presenters and committee
members with this option, we may need to allocate up to 35, although there
is overlap with sponsors who already have free tickets, workshop presenters
who are also committee members, etc.

If your employer would happily pay for your attendance at the full
registration price point, then that option is obviously still available and
appreciated.

Due to a very successful sponsorship drive, we look likely to achieve a
healthy surplus, and this proposal has a maximum impact of around $4500.

Thoughts?

Ngā mihi
Daniel