[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:14:51 PST 2019

Let's get a tgp proposal in!

--
Dr. Adam Steer
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer
http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
+61 427 091 712
skype: adam.d.steer
tweet: @adamdsteer

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de>
Date: Sat., 9 Feb. 2019, 01:07
Subject: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019
To: Conference Dev <conference_dev at lists.osgeo.org>

Dear CC!

We just got the confirmation from the board, that we have 25k US $ in
2019 for our Travel Grant Programmes.

The idea is, that we want to dedicate 50-60% of this to the TGP of the
global event (so this year for Bucharest - in case they apply for a TGP
;-)).

The idea for the rest of the money is to give out a call to the
community, that regional events can apply also for some TGP funding,
given that they accept the application criteria (as defined in [1]).

I'd like to push out that call quite fast and give a 3 or 4 week
timeframe for organizers to apply. This gives every event owner the same
chance and we do not have a "first comes, first serves" - which
definetely would prefer events, that takeplace earlier in the year... .

In case we have more requests than money, we need a clear and
transparent decision process, which is the main task I fear.

Any comments on this or ideas on how to define a decision process?

So far, I wish you all a nice weekend!

Till

[1] Steven and John Bryant workd hard on a draft of the application
criteria
(here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzu9z_4BRMzCc5y9SsE7--GnShL30kPGnh7gXlqJspQ/edit?usp=sharing
)
It will go live on the OSGeo wiki over the weekend.