[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Greg Lauer gregory.lauer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 02:46:57 PST 2019

I think that the TGP is far wider than just the annual conference, and thus
should be coordinated/managed at board level. As well as funding travel to
the annual conference I think there is scope to make funds available for
travel to other related conferences, training (inbound and outbound), and
any other initiatives that meets the vision of OSGeo Oceania. Maybe this is
a Working Group or a sub-committee role. I see funding coming from multiple
sources such as AID agencies, commercial entities and other associations
(SSSI for example). It may be that we set up a separate TGP for each
conference/event but the funding/governance is coordinated at a much wider
level,

The above said I think it is important to 'strike while the iron is hot',
and follow up on the FOSS GIS funding opportunity ASAP. I am happy to
assist Jonah in putting together the application.

Cheers

Greg