[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] TGP's in 2019

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 12:04:48 PST 2019

Re where the TGP sits:

* I expect people involved in the TGP will likely have a foot in both
the LOC and Board, so for this round, it won't matter much who makes the
final call.

* As we have all noticed, the LOC has a significant amount of work to
do. The more non-core tasks that can be out-sourced to external
sub-committees, the better. (This also allows for external expertise to
be developed between years and carried over between conferences.)

* I see core tasks as being tasks which are bound to the physical
location, and probably also the financial success.

* For everything else, I'd err on suggesting that we try to source a
leader from outside of the core LOC.

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254