[FOSS4G-Oceania] GHG mitigation and FOSS4G SotM Oceania

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:47:26 PDT 2019

Alex,

Thanks for your in principle support - we’ll get all the numbers lined up
and as per the OSGeo Oceania / FOSS4G SotM Oceania principles, await
funding outcomes. For anyone listening in, the conference budget is fully
committed and relies on surplus to do anything not already budgeted. I’m
 extremely positive that it will be ‘budget positive’ and we can contribute
to some great earth-critical initiatives.

Perhaps we can use this year’s work to add GHG mitigation as an up front
budget item in 2020!

Graeme, thanks for the calculator - I think a good approach is to use a few
and take the median. I’m waiting on numbers from the organisations I’ve
contacted, and will slowly get the modelling done in preparation for a
pitch to the conference LoC / OSGeo Oceania board.

Regards,

--
Dr. Adam Steer
http://spatialised.net