[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G-Oceania Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1

Tania Hibbard-Nitz tania at pinpointgeospatial.co.nz
Sun Mar 17 19:08:04 PDT 2019

Hi all

Below is a brief outline of why I have put my name forward for one of the
areas.

1. The area you're interested in leading
Local and Logistics Lead

2. Why it interests you and what you'll bring to the organisation effort
Geospatial Open Source has been a major influence in my life over the last
10 years.  My husband also has over 30 years with spatial solutions.
Having previously part-owned a spatial business which we sold a couple of
years ago and recently set up another spatial business focusing on
geospatial open source solutions, logistics have been a key factor in both
businesses.

Being an accountant with continuous improvement experience has also required
me to discuss and provide the most efficient way forward for internal and
external stakeholders not only for financial improvement but also for
process and system improvement.

I found participating in the FOSS4G-Ocenia conference in Melbourne last year
overseeing the volunteers, these tasks within this area were closely aligned
to ensuring that things ran smoothly on the day.
Having assisted or independently organising conferences, events or training
sessions in the past, I found and continue to find this challenging and
enjoyable as one of the key goals is to ensure that attendees have a great
experience and that there are minimal disruptions internally.

3. If there are any responsibilities that you're uncertain about
No issues at this time.  I would however touch base with those that
undertook these tasks last year to identify what worked and what did not
work.
If unsure of anything further down the track, I will ask for feedback from
the group.

Thanks
Tania Hibbard-Nitz

Message: 1