[FOSS4G-Oceania] conference planning idea..

Trenham, Claire (O&A, Black Mountain) Claire.Trenham at csiro.au
Sun Jul 12 21:43:27 PDT 2020

I’ve enjoyed conferences that have run over longer time but shorter sessions at a time – e.g. C3DIS for 2 hours a day for 3 weeks, just dialled into those talks that were of interest (which actually ended up being longer than originally scheduled in the F2F conference). I am definitely in favour of avoiding long periods in front of the webcam. Holding it over a longer period also allows you to find times that best suit all attendees, e.g. maybe there’s only 2-3 hours in the work day that covers the whole Oceania region, but all talks could be scheduled in that band over a number of weeks.