[FOSS4G-Oceania] Auckland Hub Map Showcase, Early Career Breakfast and Get Your Tickets!

Hamish Campbell hn.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:58:25 PST 2020

The Auckland Hub of FOSS4G-SotM Oceania 2020 is excited to announce two
events related to our hub.

** Map Showcase **

Have you ever wanted to get your map professionally printed but didn’t have
access to the right gear or it was cost prohibitive? With the help of NZDF
we are printing large scale (up to A0!) maps by conference goers for the
Auckland Hub map showcase! Maps will be displayed at the conference venue
and you’ll be able to take your creation home at the end of the day.

Maps must be made with FOSS (open software and/or open data) in some way,
and submitted to the hub committee by FRIDAY 13TH NOVEMBER. We have limited
printing capacity so get in quick - maps from early ticket holders will be
at the front of the queue.

See our conference site for more detail on how to submit your creation:
https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/hubs/auckland/#map-showcase

Thank you again to NZDF for making this possible.

** Early Career Spatial Breakfast **

The Early Career Spatial Breakfast is an opportunity for individuals who
are new to spatial industries, science & software to meet and network
before the event. Breakfast will be provided at a venue close to the
conference site.

Thank you to the OSGeo Oceania Good Mojo fund for sponsoring this event.

There are a limited number of tickets available so get in quick. See our
website for more information
https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/hubs/auckland/#early-career-spatial-breakfast

** Speakers Announced **

Our list of local speakers is now available on our conference site:
https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/hubs/auckland/#speakers. We’re very excited
by the range and calibre of talks. Detailed abstracts and bios will be
added in the coming days.

** Tickets **

Get your ticket today at https://ti.to/foss4g-oceania/2020-auckland-hub/!
Tickets are limited, and we need to get your meal selections by the 18th of
November to provide your catered lunch.

** About the Conference **

This year’s FOSS4G-SotM Oceania conference is a combined online & physical
event held on the 20th November 2020. Hubs held around the region will host
a mix of shared online content and local presentations. There will be
opportunities to meet local OSGeo community attendees and hear from a range
of speakers.

The Auckland Hub will be hosted by NZDF at the Devonport Navy Base, a short
walk from the Devonport ferry terminal. Morning tea and lunch will be
provided on site, and your ticket entitles you to a drink and finger food
at the conference after party.

Questions? Comments? Feedback? Get in touch with the committee at
akl-hub at foss4g-oceania.org.