[FOSS4G-Oceania] pre-recorded talks on YouTube channel

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:38:07 PST 2020

Hi, just to let you know there are 3 videos up now at the Perth Hub YouTube
channel. Unfortunately something has happened to the FOSS4G SotM Oceania
channel and it's not allowing uploads, so I've put these videos on the
Perth Hub channel for now, hopefully they can get migrated over to the main
channel sometime after the conference, once someone with sufficient access
can fix the problem.

For now, you can access them at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG-XxzFIt_SPJ97ign9G0Xw/

These are the 3 videos:

*Hannah Dormido*
> *Cartography Chose Me: How I Became A Cartographer*
> I would like to share my story of how someone without GIS background
> learned mapping, and how the OSGeo and FOSS4G community has helped foster
> my interest and career in cartography. I’ll also share my mapping 101
> toolkit, and how cartography has changed my life direction, for the better.

*Edward Keys, Prodigy Gold*
> *QField: Exploration Geology's new 'must-have' tool*
> QField is now able to drastically improve the way the mining industry
> collects and manages spatial information. From keeping track of complicated
> drilling programs, organizing rehabilitation to geological mapping, QField
> is the newest indispensable tool for exploration.
>

> *Julie Callebaut & John Bryant*
> *OpenStreetMap Data Pacific*
> This project brings OpenStreetMap data into a set of QGIS projects for the
> Pacific Islands, pre-styled and ready to use for Pacific mapmakers and GIS
> users in their GIS workflows. We hope to bring attention to OSM as a source
> of data, encourage mappers to improve the map in their area, and perhaps
> bring new people into the OSM community in the region.

They're published under a Creative Commons license, so please feel free to
use any of them at your hub, or for anything you like!

Good luck tomorrow everyone :)

Cheers
John