[FOSS4G-Oceania] [OSGeo Oceania] Good Mojo funds

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:36:23 PDT 2020

hey folks

Good Mojo funds exist to be spent, they can't be treated like regular OO
budget money (we can't raid it if we're running low or use it as a spare
account).

I think the only real discussion is 'how to give hubs equitable amounts'
and 'is the conference going to help to fill the fund back up?' - which is
an LOC and hub level discussion, the board don't need to agonise over it.
We set pretty good guidelines in 2018, I think they were enhanced in 2019
(John and Daniel will have the latest news there) - so we have something to
say 'this fund needs to be spent on specific actions for
increasing inclusivity and breaking barriers'

I think John's questions are fine, I agree that the conference should be
able to access the whole Good Mojo fund - if the board needs to do anything
here to give the event access to all the Good Mojo fund it should do it
fast.

Cheers

Adam