[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2023 – Call for Committee Members & Volunteers

Hamish Campbell hn.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:28:19 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

Planning is underway for the 2023 FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference to be held
in Auckland, mid to late October this year.

FOSS4G SoTM Oceania is the conference series run by the Oceania chapter of
the OSGeo foundation and is held yearly. Previously this has been hosted at
the University of Melbourne, the National Library in Wellington, and the
University of the South Pacific in Fiji. The purpose of the conference is
to promote the development and use of free and open geospatial
technologies, for private, academic, civic and commercial use.

FOSS4G SotM is usually a 2 or 3 day conference, with additional workshop
days, and attracts 200 to 300 geospatial professionals, students, academics
and software developers from around the Oceania region and further abroad.

We need volunteers to assist on the Organising Committee. No experience is
needed and we’re getting the ball rolling with an open invite to attend an
introductory web meeting on Friday 20th of January 2pm NZ time .

Please fill in this form to register your interest:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MuEW52Tz96-L-AtoeXdq3J8BqPiqUAuqzqGpfrbSQ5M/viewform

Many thanks,
Auckland Organising Committee

Hamish Campbell