[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference 2024 Hobart Proposal

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:36:01 PST 2024

Dear OSGeo Oceania Board

On behalf of the below listed committee members, I am writing to request
your endorsement of our bid to host the FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference for
the 5-8 November, 2024 in Hobart.

We have secured two options for the venue, one being the University of
Tasmania (UTAS) and the other the C3 Convention Centre, and have agreed as
a committee that C3 is the best option, due to their inclusion of AV,
catering, their not-for-profit discount as well as the location. We'll use
UTAS for workshops and the community day.

Our draft budget can be accessed in our Shared Drive folder, and is linked
here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150wqk7kK4_iO0_xOjmd8ixW74OIGexF--h03hkU4lLk/edit
.

Note that our worst case scenario is 100 people, which is projected to
return a surplus of $30,000 AUD. We can handle up to 500 people at C3,
which is far more than we would expect to attend. We expect at least 150,
which is what Auckland achieved, and would be excited to host 250, in which
case we expect a surplus of $75,000 AUD.

Committee members:

   -

   Alex Leith (Chair)
   -

   Dawn Hendrick
   -

   Nick Forbes-Smith
   -

   Phil Wyatt
   -

   Tom Kimber
   -

   Elisa Puccioni
   -

   Leo Ghigone
   -

   Dorothy Pion
   -

   Emma Hain
   -

   Ponsyano De Jesus
   -

   Rhiannan Mundana
   -

   Kristy Petroff
   -

   Simon Nitz.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll do our best to
address them.

Kind regards,

Alex Leith

Chair, FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference Committee

--
*Alex Leith*
m: +61 419 189 050