[FOSS4G-UK] Notes from meeting Tue 5th Sept 2023

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 05:58:51 PDT 2023

Thanks everyone for attending.

TLDR, Actions:
- share your Tech's Google account with Amy.
- debrief meeting Tue 19th Sept 12-1.
- enjoy the day on Thursday!

Schedule:
Local welcome is from 09:30 - 09:45. Discuss your local agenda,
logistics, local sponsors etc.
at 09:45 Nick will go a national welcome and will introduce
OSGeo:UK/FOSS4G:UK, the National Keynotes & Panel session, code of
conduct and mechanics for questions. Nick will share slides this afternoon.

Questions:
Conclusion was to open YouTube stream for questions to local
participants and also allow local participants to pass questions to
Local Venue Chairs,who will post on YouTube. There will be a 1 min break
after presentation to allow local chairs to collate questions before
answers are started.
Question was whether there will be bandwidth issues with all attendees
having YouTube open in the venue. Local Venue Chairs to report back to
Nick on this, if this is a problem we will drop this for the afternoon
sessions.

Tech
Make sure Tech lead shares their Google Account with Amy. Also a backup
account if you wish.
Amy will generate and share the streaming codes, Jisti links and YouTube
links this evening.
All venues having one stream AM and one stream PM.
DO NOT click END STREAM in YouTube until all of the presentations (in
the AM/PM) have finished. Use Jitsi (stop live streaming / start live
streaming) instead and/or use Holding slides in breaks.

Venue
All venues fine.

Feedback Form
No comments received. Link is https://forms.gle/penyfTYhV733E7Yz5

Welcoming
Do remember to welcome everyone attending and make sure everyone is
enjoying the conference. Please pass this on to your volunteers and ask
them to chat to people if people are on their own.

Date for debrief meeting.
Tue 19th Sept 12-1. If you can't attend, please do send comments in for
discussion. We will aim to collate them and share. We will also post on
the website like we did last time.

Agreed to use WhatsApp primarily on the day, rather than the email list.
Nick will keep an eye on emails and pass on any requiring action.

Discussion around closing ticket sales. Decided to leave open for the
moment. If any venue has numbers that are getting too large, Nick can
close individual venues tickets.

Peter will update Eventbrite lists today.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.