[FOSS4G-UK] De-breif

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 08:19:26 PDT 2023

Hi All,

We have out de-breif meeting tomorrow 12-1:
19th Sept 12-1
https://meet.google.com/fwf-mmgw-qpp

Please can I ask all venue chairs to have a look at the feedback
submitted
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iZQhY-_a2We4RzssrcQvepaFHSo0bAN-sQ2k2FLApic/edit#gid=438240256)
for their venue and mention anything particularly interesting / relevant
at the meeting tomorrow. Ant is kindly doing a summary for us overall.

I will also have a chew over of the Feedback and Lessons Learnt
document. I suggest that we aim to have a public 'report'
(https://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2022local/lessons-learned.html) and a
'private' Google Docs one which is more of a list.

Clearly we will have some discussions about the streaming and Jitsi but
I would also like us to consider a slightly larger question. How
valuable is the 'Local' model? I'd like to think we get some benefit of
running multiple venues across the UK on the same day, rather than say 6
venues on different days (i.e. the QGIS User Group regional model we
used before). Are there other ways we can bring the whole of the UK (&
Ireland) together?

See you tomorrow!

Best wishes,
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.