[Foss4g2008loc] final draft sponsorhip prospectus for comment and approval

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Nov 7 01:34:30 EST 2007

Gavin,

Some of the other comments have noted the aesthetics of the document:
they are important. You want to look like you are worth dropping
R300000 on.  Here's some other examples:

http://www.geoweb.org/2007/GeoWeb%202007%20Prospectus.pdf
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/where2007/prospectus.pdf

The primary question this document must answer is "why am I dropping
a huge chunk of cash on this event"?  One thing we still (my fault)
do not have for a prospectus is a "profile" of attendees, in terms of
organization / buying power. Does the previous GISSA event have this
information?  # of managers, budgets, staff sizes, etc?

In 2007 we started with a maximum of 5 gold, but ended up adding
another one, since the alternative would have been forcing the
sponsor down into a silver.  I think the lesson is that Premier
should be "one and only one", but the rest should not have numeric
limits.

You are expecting R300K from exhibition, which at R15K per exhibitor
(guessing?) implies about 20 exhibitors, above and beyond the
sponsors.  Is this realistic?  What is the GISSA experience?

Paul