[Foss4g2008loc] Final chance for comment on Prospectus

burnie nawn jbnawn at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 03:16:05 EST 2007

Morning all

Apologies for the silence. I am in the process of resigning so I was a bit pre-occupied with other things. The company I will present at the time of the conference will obviously be different from teh current, but to keep things going you can leave it as is now based on the fact that teh prospectus already on the way to the printers. I will provide my new details for inclusion in future documents once teh paper work has been finalised.

I think the prospectus looks great. I will need at least 3 copies in the very near future towards attempting at signing SEF and Q-Sens up for some sponsorships. There might be a third company, but I can only make details available once I have done the paperwork.

It would be great to see government's commitment in reality with a sponsorship. I therefore support Ravi's initiative 100%. I also think other departments that can be approached would be the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the National Research Fund (NRF). I belive the NRF has something called the Innovation Fund. What a better way to demonstrate their commitment to innovativeness then to exhibit at such an event.

Just a question on logistics based on yesterday's load shedding by ESKOM again. Is the ICC in Cape Town prepared for load shedding and can they ensure that the conference can continue with the least amount of interruption?

My 2c's for now.

Kind regards,Burnie Nawn072 134 5352

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:31:21 +0200From: GavinF at mintek.co.zaTo: foss4g2008loc at lists.osgeo.orgSubject: [Foss4g2008loc] Final chance for comment on Prospectus

Hi all

Here's the latest version of the Prospectus. Since the last version it has an almost-final exhibitor floorplan and a few details have been updated.

Please focus on content, not aesthetics and contribute where you can, especially highlighted sections.

We're sending it to our graphic designer tomorrow (14th) morning SAST to be ready by Friday. Inge pls forward to Vincent. We can make any further changes to his final version.

cheers

Gavin