[Foss4g2008loc] Re: Setting up of workshops mailing list on OSGEO

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Nov 15 09:55:48 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Dewald Troskie wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> May I ask you to please setup a mailing list for us on the OSGeo
>> server for the workshop committee. Maybe call workshops or
>> workshopcommittee or foss4g2008workshops. Otherwise whom do I need to
>> contact @ OSGeo fro this task?
>
> Dewald,

> workshops subcommittee.  I have used a generic name for it in the interest
> of continuity from year to year.

> Best regards,

Frank:

While I understand the desire to have a list name that
doesn't change from year to year, this list is for the
FOSS4G conference, and should be named as such (in my
opinion). For example, "foss4g-workshops". There may
be other OSGeo-related conferences between now and next
September that will need a mailing list to deal with
their workshops/labs, and you do not want that email
traffic mixed in with the FOSS4G traffic (for 2007,
some Instructors already felt there were too many
emails on the workshops mailing list).

Also, you should add someone from the 'FOSS2G2008
Workshop Committee' (i.e. Dewald? Chairperson?) as
one of the list administrators, so they can configure
the list as needed.

(my 0.02CAD, or 0.15ZAR)

--
Dave Patton