[Foss4g2008loc] FOSS4G2008 Budget / Sponsorships

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Oct 23 18:08:24 EDT 2007

OK, so I have a pretty big concern about the budget as presented, and
I haven't reviewed the expenses yet (I'll have to convert everything
into CAD to have the slightest clue about what these things mean).

My concern is that the lowest sponsorship level I see in the 700-
attendee level is about R1,000,000, or around $160,000.  That
represents a $40,000 step above what we managed for 2007.  So before
I agree that this budget is break-even, I'd like to see a sponsorship
plan that reasonably identifies a million rand in high probability
sponsorship dollars.

Paul