[Foss4g2008loc] a point on procedure

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Mon Apr 7 10:34:46 EDT 2008

Hi all

I'm noticing lots of activity on the LOC, but a lot of it is among
individuals or to me. Please everyone, keep most FOSS4G 2008
communication on this list.

(or the workshop_dev or edu_discuss lists as appropriate)

You're welcome to address your message to an individual, but at least
the list sees it and anyone can pipe up.

If you need a response give a deadline and if nobody responds by then,
then make a call yourself.

If you are responsible for a task yourself please ensure our scheduled
deadlines are met, don't wait for me or anyone else if input is not
forthcoming with fair warning, just make it happen.

There are very few cases where you must send a personal e-mail. If it's
confidential or sensitive use the -private list (only core LOC members).

thanks

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist

Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher

FOSS4G2008 <http://www.foss4g2008.org/>  conference chair

Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)

P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa

w: +27-11-709-4668 c: 0845965680 f: 0866164820

xmpp: gavinjfleming at gmail.com

Skype: phlemingo

27.9782E 26.0896S