[Foss4g2008loc] weekly update

Petro Farrell petro at peoplesa.co.za
Sun Apr 20 14:21:36 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the late report due to technical problems on my side.

Registration Stats as at 18 April 2008:

New registrations this week                                 :   2

Total delegates registered : 19 -5(test registrations)= 14

Currently registered users                                    :218
.

Payment to date                                                 : Nil

Once a delegate registers on the FOSS4G2008 website , PeopleSA receives an
email notification .At present the only information that appears on the
notification is a user name. We need to go into the website each time to
obtain the relevant information  (email address and name and title of the
delegate).

At our meeting on the 5 March 2008 , we were given the assurance that this
glitch would be sorted out within 2 weeks . To date this has not happened.

For the moment it is not a huge problem, however once the volumes starts
coming in it will become an issue. We would like this rectified long before
then.

Once we receive notification of a new registrant, PeopleSA sends a letter
with an attachment  to the new registrant which the registrant needs to
complete and email/fax back to us. We introduced this extra step in the
registration process as a back up due to the form on the website not having
all the necessary fields to make the registration process seamless and
professional.

Of the 14 registrants only two forms have been completed and returned to
PeopleSA :

1.       Inge Netterberg (LOC) - We are unable to invoice Inge as we await
final confirmation on LOC discounts as per the wiki page(currently LOC
members qualify for free registration,no workshops)Gavin has indicated that
there should be discussion on this issue by end April whereafter the
finalised discounts will be loaded on the website .

2.       Dr H Duester - has registered but has indicated that he will be
submitting a paper for a workshop. We cannot finalise his invoice before his
paper is accepted/rejected. Should it be accepted he will qualify to attend
the conference at no cost . (As per previous discussions and confirmed by
Gavin last week)

Per the Report from FOSS4G2007,they had 24 registrations by 30 April 2007.

Regards

Karryn and Petro