[Foss4g2008loc] Extend deadline for Workshop/Lab submissions

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Apr 28 11:50:57 EDT 2008

With the deadline for Workshop/Lab submissions
being 2 days away, and today being a holiday
in South Africa, and the conference website
apparently not being setup properly to accept
Workshop/Lab submissions[1], I'd suggest the
deadline be extended.

[1]
First, it's FAR too difficult for people to
know what to do to submit a Workshop/Lab.
There should be a clear "list of deadlines"
on the main page.
There should be clear links to take people
directly to their 'area of interest' - for
example, it must say "Workshop and Lab",
not use any 'conference website related'
terminology (such as "Call for Papers",
"Proposal Submission").
The templates should be publicly available
(e.g. both wiki and conference website).
I'd argue that submissions should be accepted
by email, but I think it's maybe too late for
that process to be setup?
The current conference website doesn't work
properly when you do try as an Author to
submit a "Workshops and Labs" Track, because
there is no opportunity to do anything with
any 'template'.
Also, the website needs to allow Authors to
delete their own submissions, or at the
very least flag them for deletion (e.g. if
they change their minds, make a mistake, etc.).

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: