[Foss4g2008loc] Suggestions for lightning talk speakers

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue Aug 5 04:22:46 EDT 2008

Please approach Mick, he would be excellent - I haven't heard from him
in a while and his absence would be sorely missed....

Graeme how about you or someone else in your team on FOSS AFIS?

Tim how about you on QGIS 1 launch...

Definitely Maurizio Felice (MadMapper) on his NASA Worldwind work and
serving up huge images very fast.

Christo Zietsman on his GRASS atmospheric correction module or other
stuff he might have done since then (anyone have contact details for
him?)

Frans van den Bergh on his GDAL and OSSIM work and contributions

Sindile Bidla (DLA E. Cape) on FOSS GIS in education

Hardy Jonck on some of their FOSS GIS implementations

Not GIS, but local FOSS / open stuff:
Riaan Booysen on Boa Constructor Python IDE
Paul Scott on Chisimba, AVOIR, UbuntuGIS, etc.
John Hay, FreeBSD
Paul Sheer on his LINUX: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition
Someone from www.translate.org.za

NB: lightning talk is 5 minutes, informative and entertaining. NOT just
another presentation.

Gavin