[Foss4g2008loc] Request for approval of registration website development

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Fri Feb 8 12:19:29 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 07:57 -0800, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Either way, I support Gavin's proposal and second the "results to be
> open source" comment by Tim - or at least that OSGeo would have
> unrestricted access to the use/re-use the code that is created for
> future events.

I have offered before, and I will offer again to do the website. It will
be a Chisimba based site and it is GPL code.

Main things that apply here:

1. It is upgradeable from the web interface - install once, update
monthly/weekly/whatever and keep it up to the latest code.
2. OpenLayers and Google Maps support built in natively
3. GeoRSS enabled and mobile enabled blog and content system. Blog can
also aggregate mailing lists.
4. WMS client built in
5. Conference manager - full system - almost complete
6. Workgroups - forum, chat and doc sharing (private or public)
7. Mapserver support built in
8. Wiki, IRC chat, AJAX chat etc
9. Web2.0 - all the bells and whistles.
10. Modular - easy to add on to (over 100 modules available already)
11. Skinnable - 4 hours to roll a skin
12. Multilingual - including right to left language
13. Cross browser tested.
14. much more!