[Foss4g2008loc] RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] registration at foss4g
GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue Jun 24 16:12:53 EDT 2008
As the Hitchhikers' Guide states, Don't Panic!
Some clarification of the process is in order, please bear with us...
1) Register on the conference website. i.e. choose a conference package. Then hang back for a bit.
2) The conference organisers, PeopleSA, are notified and they send you a form.
3) You fill in the form and send it back. It specifies your choices for accommodation, gala dinner, etc. that could not be captured on the conference website.
4) PeopleSA then send you an invoice for registration, accommodation (if you choose from their offerings), gala dinner, etc. with a reference code.
5) You then proceed to pay. If by credit card, then here, where you will be asked for the reference code on your invoice: http://www.psaevents.co.za/Events/Foss4g/registration.aspx.
Early birds: You are being asked to send your forms back urgently so you can get an invoice in short order. The hurry now is to secure accommodation as part of the conference block booking. The hold on that is released this week. There is nothing we can do about that. Cape Town is really bustling that time of year and hotels won't keep blocks on hold any longer. There is every likelihood that rooms at those hotels will still be available after the hold is lifted and they WILL be at the conference rate. So, try to fill in your form and pay this week as requested. But if you don't manage, you'll most likely still get your hotel and if you pay within a month of invoice, you'll STILL GET YOUR EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION RATE.
Hope that helps
FOSS4G2008 conference chair
From: discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Jeroen Ticheler
Sent: Tue 2008/06/24 05:06 PM
To: OSGeo Discussions
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] registration at foss4g
I had the same thing :-) Had to fill out the form while I also
registered online. I guess the form is the formal sealing of the deal
although I was also confused a bit. You still need to register for
other workshops you want to attend and for the gala dinner.
On Jun 24, 2008, at 3:45 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
> Hi, that will sound strange, but indeed I have some problems in
> registering at Foss4g.
> I did my registration process with a workshop presenter code, which
> should mean I have full discount (do both workshop predenters have
> full discount?).
> Well, the registration ended up in... nothing. No "great, you
> subscribed" or similar. Now, after some time, this email comes (ok,
> the header tells me they had some problems) in which I am asked to
> send a fax and do my payment by means of today to get the early bird.
> Since one of the presenters probably will have to pay, I tried to
> understand from the website, tried to contact organisers and
> reviewers, but got no answer.
> Since no one else is bothering, I assume I'm the only one with this
> So could someone with clear ideas in mind give me some feedback
> Discuss mailing list
> Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
Discuss mailing list
Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FOSS4G2008LOC