[Foss4g2008loc] RE: LOC meeting

burnie nawn jbnawn at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:16:13 EST 2008

Hi

Traffic permitting - I will be there.

Regards,Burnie Nawn  0837785352

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:26:16 +0200From: GavinF at mintek.co.zaTo: foss4g2008loc at lists.osgeo.orgSubject: [Foss4g2008loc] RE: LOC meeting

We’ll meet at the Wimpy in the Killarney Mall off the Riviera offramp from the M1 at 07h30 tomorrow (Weds).

We’ll break in time to get to the GISSA AGM which will be about 5 minutes away.

Nominal agenda:

Budget
Sponsorship and exhibitors
Website
Registration
Calls for workshops and papers

Confirmed so far:
Karryn and Petro
Carrin
Graeme
Inge
Gavin

If anyone else can make it, just rock up. Or if you can’t make it but want to give input, please send it my way.

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist
Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher
FOSS4G2008 conference chair
Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)
P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa
w: +27-11-709-4668 c: 0845965680 f: 0866164820
xmpp (Jabber, Google Talk, etc.): gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Skype: phlemingo
27.9782E 26.0896S

From: Karryn Gracey [mailto:karryn at peoplesa.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 04:50 PMTo: Gavin Fleming; 'Graeme McFerren'Cc: 'Carrin Martin'; 'Petro Farrell'Subject: RE: LOC meeting

Killarney Mall is fine. Please confirm which restaurant we will  be meeting at .Not sure which one will be open at 7:30am.

xmpp (Jabber, Google Talk, etc.): gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Skype: phlemingo
27.9782E 26.0896S

From: Karryn Gracey [mailto:karryn at peoplesa.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 02:44 PMTo: 'Carrin Martin'; Gavin Fleming; 'Petro Farrell'Cc: 'Jerome Lucas'Subject: RE: Wed Development invoice

Dear Carrin and Gavin ,

Sounds like a good idea to meet at Melrose Arch – very close to where Carrin is staying. 7:30 am . J B corner is a central point in Melrose Arch. It would be a good idea that the four of us meet prior to your GISSA meeting.  The time that we have to address and discuss our points of interest is limited as it is,  and Petro and I don’t need to be around when any other GISSA discussions take place that are not relevant to us.

Regards
Karryn

From: Carrin Martin [mailto:carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za] Sent: 3 March 2008 1:21 pmTo: Gavin Fleming; Petro FarrellCc: Karryn Gracey; Jerome LucasSubject: RE: Wed Development invoice

This is where we will be staying – turned out to be cheaper the local B&B’s which are very expensive.
http://www.premiereclasse.co.za/

my cell no. 072 1448510

Carrin Martin
Research Manager
Africa Vision Research Institute
272 Umbilo Road
Durban 4001
South Africa
Ph: 031 2023811
Fax: 031 202 3858
carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za
Fax to e-mail: 0866 363060

From: Gavin Fleming [mailto:GavinF at mintek.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 01:13 PMTo: Carrin Martin; Petro FarrellCc: Karryn Gracey; Jerome LucasSubject: RE: Wed Development invoice

07h30 (not 19h30)

I’m hoping the war museum is open that early but if not we’ll meet close by. I can pick you up.

Gavin

From: Carrin Martin [mailto:carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 01:10 PMTo: Petro Farrell; Gavin FlemingCc: Karryn Gracey; Jerome LucasSubject: RE: Wed Development invoice

Is that 7.30 am or pm.  We have a cocktail function in the evening which will probably end around them but it will be better to meet in the morning.  I will need a lift and am staying quite close by.  As soon as I have confirmation of the address, I will let you know and hopefully someone will be able to fetch me.

carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za
Fax to e-mail: 0866 363060

From: Petro Farrell [mailto:petro at peoplesa.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 01:07 PMTo: 'Gavin Fleming'Cc: 'Karryn Gracey'; 'Jerome Lucas'; Carrin MartinSubject: FW: Wed Development invoice

Hi ,

Karryn and I will be at the military museum at 07h30 on Wednesday.

Regards
Petro

From: Petro Farrell [mailto:petro at peoplesa.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 12:46 PMTo: 'Gavin Fleming'Cc: 'Karryn Gracey'Subject: FW: Wed Development invoice

Sorry ,I now see the venue on Wednesday- Where is the GISSA meeting tomorrow  and what time will it end? Maybe we can meet then with you and Carrin? Just trying to arrange Karryn and my diaries.

Petro

From: Carrin Martin [mailto:carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za] Sent: 03 March 2008 11:04 AMTo: Karryn Gracey; Petro Farrell; Gavin FlemingCc: Jerome Lucas; dmudimbu at ledc.co.zaSubject: RE: Wed Development invoice

Hi Karryn

I will be free after out GISSA meeting on Tuesday everyone, or first thing on Wednesday or Thursday mornings.  Our national general meeting is on Wednesday at the military history museum (near Jhb zoo), starting at 9.30, and I fly out on Thursday at 11.20 so I need to leave for the airport at about 9.30.  I will not have transport but will let you know where we are staying as soon as I have finalized.

carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za
Fax to e-mail: 0866 363060

From: Karryn Gracey [mailto:karryn at peoplesa.co.za] Sent: 29 February 2008 08:42 PMTo: Carrin Martin; 'Petro Farrell'; 'Gavin Fleming'Cc: 'Jerome Lucas'; dmudimbu at ledc.co.zaSubject: RE: Wed Development invoice

Hi Carrin and Gavin ,

We need an urgent eyeball to eyeball meeting - as there is a GISSA meeting on Tuesday can we do this first thing in the morning before you meet with the committee. Another alternative is Monday morning.  There are a number of issues that need immediate attention . As this will not form part of the GISSA meeting please confirm which morning would suit you both.

Regards
Petro and Karryn

From: Carrin Martin [mailto:carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za] Sent: 29 February 2008 3:02 pmTo: Petro Farrell; Gavin FlemingCc: Karryn Gracey; Jerome Lucas; dmudimbu at ledc.co.zaSubject: RE: Wed Development invoice

Hi Petro

Yes, go ahead and pay.  Hopefully by the end of March some sponsorship will have come in to pay your account.

cheers

carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za
Fax to e-mail: 0866 363060

From: Petro Farrell [mailto:petro at peoplesa.co.za] Sent: 29 February 2008 11:35 AMTo: 'Gavin Fleming'Cc: Carrin Martin; 'Karryn Gracey'; 'Jerome Lucas'Subject: Wed Development invoice

Hi Gavin,

Herewith amended Invoice made out to GISA totalling. As discussed there is still an amount of R38725 in the FOSS4G banking account. Please confirm that I can make payment via electronic banking  today.

Regards
Petro