[Foss4g2008loc] articles for PositionIT

Carrin Martin carrin.avri at iceeafrica.co.za
Wed Mar 12 02:55:27 EDT 2008

What about an article on the theme that includes web sites relevant to
the conference topics e.g.

Millennium development goals : http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/ ,
http://www.undp.org/mdg/

Participatory GIS: http://www.ppgis.net/ , http://www.ppgis.info/ ,
http://www.ppgis.net/ppgis_literature.htm

Open Source Health Care Alliance:  http://www.oshca.org/ ,
http://www.openhealth.org/ ,
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/wiki/index.php/Open_Source_Software_for_Pu
blic_Health

We can almost start the conference before it begins, which will
hopefully get people thinking about the theme and wanting to come.  We
could also send the list to EIS Africa and other lists for external
encouragement.  Perhaps we could put it on the conference web site and
ask people to add to it.  Somone will need to check them.  I will be
compiling a newsletter to GISSA members shortly and could include the
list in that.

cheers

Carrin Martin