[Foss4g2008loc] FOSS4G 2008 news

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Fri Nov 7 02:55:55 EST 2008

Hi all

Thanks for making FOSS4G 2008 an awesome coference!

Presentations are being uploaded as I write (thanks Serena!). All the
Academic track papers and presentations are on the site already and
General track presentations are being uploaded today. Workshop and lab
material will be up in due course too. Go to www.foss4g2008.org
<http://www.foss4g2008.org/>  and click on Presentations or search for a
keyword or author, then choose Abstract, Paper or Presentation.

Although the conference was pretty much self-reported all over the
blogosphere, IRC, flickr, Twitter, etc. there are still a few people who
read hard-copy ;-) Our local GIS industry journal and main FOSS4G media
partner, PositionIT, is doing its FOSS4G feature in their Nov/Dec issue.
The deadline is Monday 10th Nov. I know it's short notice but if you'd
like to write anything on your impressions or opinions please see
authors guidelines at http://www.eepublishers.co.za/view.php?sid=1095
and send your material to clare.vanzwieten at ee.co.za
<mailto:clare.vanzwieten at ee.co.za> . To LOC members and others who
already know about this - REMINDER!

Gavin

This message is intended for the addressee only.
Information and attachments in this e-mail may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken is prohibited and may be unlawful,
and could result in a claim against you.