[Foss4g2008loc] Tapping into FOSS4G2008 statitics

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:28:39 EDT 2008

Congratulations on what I've heard was a very successful FOSS4G 2008
conference.
I assume you are all quite burned out, but happy for doing such a good job?

Before you all disband and forget all this good ideas which are probably
kicking around in your head, I wonder whether you could write them down
in a "Lessons Learned" wiki.
In particular, you will probably want to highlight any contradictions,
or enhancements to 2007.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Lessons_Learned

I'm also very keen to get my hands on any statistics or marketing
information that we can use to refine the 2009 budget and marketing
plan. In particular:
* lists of delegates, where the came from, feedback etc.
* lists of sponsors
* what marketing worked, what didn't
* budget details (I assume this will have caveat's with regards to who
can see it)

We will be reviewing the 2009 budget tomorrow, and will be reviewing
marketing soon after (probably over a period of a few weeks).

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally