[Foss4g2008loc] Printing and reproduction facilities

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Sep 3 16:55:07 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/03 1:41 PM, burnie nawn wrote:

> A few of the workshop presenters have requested if it will be
> possible to print and reproduce handouts at the conference instead of
> paying extra fees to get it to SA as part of their luggage.

How it was handled for 2007:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Information_for_Instructors#Classroom_Materials

Any materials that Instructors wanted printed, and which
were provided by the deadline, were sent by me to a staff
person at Paul's company(Refractions), who then printed
one copy and added a cover sheet with any instructions,
and the required number of copies(to meet the registered
number for the workshops, and the room capacity for the
Labs). Then all these were taken to a local 'copy center',
who photocopied all the materials and put them into a
box, which a Refractions staffer delivered to the
conference center during the workshop setup. The overall
cost was quite low.

For Instructors who don't meet the deadline(there will
be some), provide info about local copy centers, as they
will likely be less expensive than onsite printing, and
those Instructors can take care of getting their own
materials printed once they arrive.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems