[Foss4g2008loc] Demos and talks

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Sep 16 06:23:42 EDT 2008

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi All,
> if  you have anyone doing a demo -
>
> 1) please could you check out the wiki page for the demos - my info to
> date is very sketchy!
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Demos

Hi,
I will be around throughout the conference but have taken on so many tasks already that I have to refrain from adding myself to the list right now (OSGeo booth, 1 workshop, three presentation, AGM attendance, potentially a lightning talk, etc.). But I am always a good choice for a live software presentation and can do this ad hoc any time, even drunk if required. :-) So if there is you make up a free zone slot you can count on me giving a 10 minute presentation of the Mapbender project in a live environment.

> and
>
> 2) let me know if the time slots allocated so far fit in with all
> other plans? (eg: Graeme - Maurizio - I am very confused as to what he
> is doing!)
> 3)Also, if you have any names of people you know want to/should do a
> demo and they are not on the list - please let me know.
>
> 4) Lightning talks - 2 places left - any takers?
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_LightningTalks

I added a potential topic and speaker (myself) here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_LightningTalks#Proposed_Speakers

If this makes sense to you, please move it to "Confirmed Speakers".

Best regards,
Arnulf.