[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G 2009 Budget Input to OSGeo Budget

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 2 17:56:37 EST 2008

Folks,

We are finalizing the OSGeo budget for 2009 and one of the numbers I need
is the expected profit/loss from FOSS4G 2009 based on a reasonably conservative
attendance scenario.   As you may recall the RFP requested a profit - I forget
the formula, but I've normally thought of it being around the $20K USD mark or
so.

Tyler mentioned that the most recent budget he reviewed for FOSS4G 2009 had
three attendance scenarios - 300, 500 and 700 with profit(loss) projections
of (-83K AUS), (-4K AUS) and 61K AUS.

Is it the position of the FOSS4G 2009 LOC that OSGeo should base it's budget
on a conservative expectation of losing $83K AUS in 2009?  Or perhaps it
is your plan to up prices or otherwise alter things such that a conservative
scenario does turn a reasonable profit?

Best regards,