[Foss4g2009] Venue & program comments

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Sun Dec 14 23:22:09 EST 2008

On 2008-12-14 4:13 PM, Dave Patton wrote:
> Here's some comments that came to mind as I looked
> at some of the venue & program info in the documents
> that were attached to recent emails.

Another item is the number of Workshops.

With 5 rooms, that limits us to 10 Workshops,
unless we look at using a room(or two?) for
Labs - in other words, hold two Labs in the
same timeslot as one Workshop.

10 Workshops doesn't sound 'too bad', but in
reality, what it means is the same as in 2007,
which is delegates get 2 Workshops - one in
the AM, one in the PM. We can't "double up"
and offer the same Workshop twice, because
Workshop Instructors do not want to be
teaching all day. If we can accommodate having
6 concurrent Workshops, delegates get more of
a choice(at least the ones who register early
get a choice).

On the other hand, it's a bit easier logistically
to deal with the setup/teardown of 5 rooms vs
6 rooms :-)

Ideally we will have 'the minimum' booked with the
SCEC, but also have some flexibility to "adjust as
needed"(e.g. adding a room, dividing a room, etc)

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: