[Foss4g2009] FOSS4G2009 Website now live

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Sun Oct 5 16:16:49 EDT 2008

> Now that the website is live, is that the only place
> to use for suggesting changes/fixes?

Yes, for now and others have added additions to the todo which were
suggested before the live release, but did not make it in? The todo is just
so i can gather all action items and deal with them together whilst we have
a limited means of updating the site (i.e. having to go through Tyler)

> For example:
> A)
> The use of 'target="blank"' was not removed, but
> is something I raised before the website went live.
> Do I need to repeat it on the website to do list?
> It looks like other changes that were suggested
> before going live have also not been incorporated
> into the current live version(e.g. the incorrect
> link at the top of the Contacts page, etc.).
> B)
> The "Wiki" link under "Stay Connected" is wrong.
> It links to:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2009/
> but it should be:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009
> I can add it to the website to do list,

Yes please -  appreciated

> but for
> 'important' items such as broken links and bad
> content(incorrect, spelling, etc.), is that a
> sufficiently 'immediate' mechanism to be used
> for notifications of problems(i.e. vs emails
> on this mailing list)?

Sufficiently immediate, yes but without an immediate means of moving the
change  - at the moment - Tyler is working on getting me direct access which
would mean changes/errors could be made by me directly (as quickly as I
could attend to them anyway)