[Foss4g2009] Discounts

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Sat Oct 11 02:45:12 EDT 2008

As it says on the FOSS4G 2007 Lessons Learned page:
"Everyone wants a discount, and everyone feels they
have a right to a discount. As with your policy for
travel support, figure out your discount policy well
in advance."

I've created a Discounts page for 2009:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Discounts
For now, all I've done is to copy the 2007 page,
and made some edits to remove some links and to
remove the details for Volunteers.

We should get the discounts sorted out fairly soon,
and then stick with whatever we decide. The 2008
page has a few additional items, but because it hasn't
been edited since May, I don't know what their actual
discount schedule was:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Discounts

--
Dave Patton