[Foss4g2009] Videoing sessions at the conf

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Thu Oct 16 13:49:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 10:40 -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> It does bring up the question of whether, for the next round of
> FOSS4G, more "open" conference facilities should be sought after.  In
> hindsight, what if we had it as a requirement that we were allowed to
> video record the event?  Do you think they would have negotiated or
> simply said no?  Just curious on your impressions.
>
> Tyler

I asked Marie-Claire (scvb: Govt conf bidding agency) about that before
we bid and iirc the answer was not a chance for the conf centre.  Maybe
if we were pulling 10k punters and had an expert AV team we may have had
some sway, but we're small bickies for them.  We had/have no leverage.

It would be nice for the future, but will depend very much on what
resources are available to the loc.

Regards,
Tim