[Foss4g2009] Workshop Logistics

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Oct 20 09:34:29 EDT 2008

I'm not sure if 2008 did any workshops in computerless rooms, but if
they did I'd like to hear how that went. The "low impact" workshop is
a category we haven't had before, but it allows the organizers to add
a workshop without the overhead of handling machinery.

Another option for workshops which it might be time to explore is the
BYOLaptop + Virtual Machine approach. With VM players like VMWare
free-to-download, this is potentially a doable thing. Just have to
make VM images small enough to burn on a DVD.  Only downside is, we
generally want to teach on Windows, to keep it "real" for the majority
of attendees, but we can't burn 300 copies of Windows VMs onto DVDs.

P.