[Foss4g2009] Setting schedule in stone for labs/workshops/tutorials for Foss4g2009 - please vote

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 22:23:59 EDT 2008

I'd like to bring discussions about venue requirements for
labs/workshops/tutorials to a close so that we can book these venues and
fininalise our budget.

FOSS4G has traditionally had one day of extra cost 3 hour workshops,
then a number of included 90 minute labs.

Feedback from prior conferences is that the shorter 90 minute labs are a
logistics problem with regards to setting up computers for them.

So here is my proposal:
1. We will continue to have one day of extra cost, 3 hour workshops on
the first day. This will be the same as prior years. Computers will be
provided.

2. The 90 minute lab sessions (with computers provided) will be dropped
from the program.

3. To replace the labs, we will introduce "tutorials" and or "bring your
own laptop labs". Details can be worked out by the conference committee
later, but from the our venue organising point of view, all will will
provide is a room and laptop for the presenter.

Could the FOSS4G committee and conference committee members please vote,
or voice your reasons for alternatives.