[Foss4g2009] OC meeting before Sept 10th?

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Sep 3 14:37:53 EDT 2008

To paraphrase something Denisa said the other
day, "Tour Hosts needs some more/better direction
about some things that are needed for preparation
of the budget". And, as Paul indicated in his email,
there are a number of things that need to be decided
or investigated in order to prepare a sound budget.

Are there enough Organizing Committee members
available at a 'convenient time' before Sept 10th
that we could hold a meeting with a quorum?
What about Tuesday/Monday:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=9&year=2008&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=240
or Sunday/Saturday:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=7&year=2008&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=240

The goal would be to come to a consensus on any
items that we discuss, in advance of the Sept 10th
budget meeting, to make it easier for TH to work
on amending the draft budget. For example, we could
vote on:
- venue
- dates
- use of offsite facilities(e.g. code sprint)
- number of workshops
- number of labs
- number of presentations
- general AV requirements
- number of PCs
- what food options we want considered as part
   of the budget preparation
- what social events we want to see
- numbers to use for "low/med/high' number of
   delegates in the budget
- whether to construct the draft budget to break
   even on using the "low" number or the "med" number
(i.e. anything where we can provide direction at this
point, without getting into specific dollar amounts)

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: