[Foss4g2009] Re: Birds of a feather

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Sep 4 11:05:19 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/03 4:00 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> A "Birds of a Feather" session is a round table meeting of people
> discuss a particular topic and brainstorm ideas for it.
> It typically attracts between 5 to 30 people (maybe more).
>
> I'm not sure how sponsorship has been tied to these events in the past.
>

> Kirsty O'Brien wrote:
>> Dear Cameron,
>>
>> Sorry one more quick question, can you please also explain the Birds
>> of a Feather package to me or let me know the best person to ask.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_BOF_Sessions
The "Timetable" section of that wiki page was added
about 1 month before the conference, once we had
some entries in the "BOF sessions" section. People
then continued to update the wiki page, including
during the first two days of the conference(as you
can see from the page's history).

At the conference center we had a cork board with the
BOF information, and if people wanted to add more BOFs,
they could self-organize by picking an available room
and writing down the name of their BOF.

There was no sponsorship of BOFs in 2007.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: