[Foss4g2009] wiki changes and usage

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Fri Sep 5 13:35:41 EDT 2008

1)
I've created a Meetings subcategory of the
FOSS4G2009 Category, and recategorized the
relevant wiki pages that already existed:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Meetings
Because that page will now list all the
meetings, I deleted the existing
'foss4g2009 meetings' page.

2)
When creating a wiki page for a FOSS4G2009
meeting:
- follow the same format for the page name
   as the existing pages ("FOSS4G 2009 Meeting"
   + date + (meeting purpose))
- include "[[Category:Meetings]]" in the page
- I've edited the existing page for the 2008-08-29
   meeting, to hopefully make it easier to read/use,
   so that it can be a 'template' for future pages.
   If anyone has any comments/suggestions, feel free
   to edit the page ;-)
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Meeting_2008-08-29_(Venue/Date_selection_)

3)
For Organising Committee meetings, when a date/time for
'the next meeting' is determined edit this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Organising_Committee_Meetings
- move the last meeting's info to the "Prior" section
- under "Next Organising Committee Meeting" include the
   date, time(as a link to timeanddate.com), location,
   and if available, any Agenda items
- if anyone adds items to the Agenda, they should let
   everyone know before the meeting if possible

4)
If there is discussion needed about something that has
been a part of one of the meetings, it can of course
be addressed via email, but the wiki's "discussion"
pages can also be used. For example, the 2008-08-29
meeting, had an Action Item for "TH to contact SCEC
about other alternative dates". A separate wiki page
was created with the results of that discussion between
Tout Hosts and the convention center. Rather than have
that information on a separate (disconnected) wiki page,
I have moved it to the meeting's discussion page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:FOSS4G_2009_Meeting_2008-08-29_(Venue/Date_selection_)

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems