[Foss4g2009] Local facilities on website

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Tue Sep 23 18:07:46 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/23 2:45 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> On 23-Sep-08, at 2:29 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
>> Tour Hosts,
>> From watching 2008, I note that participants will want to know a local
>> printer and CD/DVD burner.
>> We should provide these details on our website. (Doesn't need to be
>> done now, but should be in place by the time people start registering).
>
> Likewise, from an exhibitors angle, I really wished I had a clearer
> pointer to places to:
> * hire banner/sign production
> * hire general IT services and rentals
> * ship materials/equipment ahead of time

Is there one person (on the OC?) who is making sure
to keep track of all of these type of issues? The
2008 Lessons Learned wiki page isn't of any help:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Lessons_Learned

Should we start a "TO DO" wiki page where anyone
can add any items they think of? Or maybe just a
"To Do" section on the 2009 Lessons Learned page?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Lessons_Learned

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems