[Foss4g2009] Budget approved

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Apr 25 12:10:12 EDT 2009

Yes, as chair of the LOC you have authority as the final word to
manage the funds laid out in the budget and this is the expectation
from the board.

This does not preclude discussion with the LOC, but when a decision
has to be made or a payment from budget agreed upon, it's up to you.
I will also be sending a letter with some more formal recognition of
your role in acting on OSGeo's behalf in your role as Chair.

Hope that helps,
Tyler

On 25-Apr-09, at 4:09 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Tyler,
> Can you please confirm that the board approved that the FOSS4G 2009
> chair (ie me) has the authority from OSGeo to approve payments of
> items from the budget on behalf of OSGeo.
>
> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>> FYI - Today the OSGeo Board of Directors approved the FOSS4G
>> budget.  This will also include catching up on payments of costs
>> that Tour Hosts has to date.
>>
>> Please note this is a good time to remind everyone tell their
>> friends, colleagues and any other known geospatial/internet/
>> mapping and open source relations about our great upcoming event.
>>
>> On a side note, has anyone thought about how we can bring together
>> potential employees to physically meet potential employers during
>> FOSS4G?  I think that helps is one way that we can help build the
>> business case for both sides of that equation.
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Systems Architect
> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050