[Foss4g2009] Victorian Spatial Summit & Surveying Expo 2009

Simon O'Keefe simon.okeefe at groundtruth.com.au
Mon Aug 3 10:13:01 EDT 2009

For your interest, I'm doing a presentation titled "Free and Open
Source Geospatial Software" at the Victorian Spatial Summit &
Surveying Expo 2009 on Thursday the 27th of August at Melbourne
Exhibition Centre:
http://www.spatialsciences.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=333&Itemid=1

There are hardly any details available yet for the Expo itself, but
I'll be doing a similar presentation to one I did at the Newtech
Conference in Warrnambool earlier this year, which received some
really good feedback. (I knew I hit the mark with my presentation when
I received a phone call a few days later from one of the attending
proprietary GIS vendors who said that they didn't like me using their
name when I was doing comparisons between open source and proprietary
GIS software.)

I'll use the presentation to promote the FOSS4G conference but I won't
have a trade stand this time to distribute any material. I hope that
there might be some people from this list attending. If you are and I
haven't met you, please come and say g'day.

(I'm sending this message to both the Aust-NZ and FOSS4G2009 lists. I
wanted to cover anyone who might be interested, but I realise some of
you will get the message twice. Sorry.)

Cheers,

Simon
Simon O'Keefe