[Foss4g2009] Demo Theatre feedback

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Mon Aug 3 19:23:34 EDT 2009

Jody,
I see that you have done a good job defining the demo theater at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Demonstration_Theatre

You have made it clear what is provided, and who it is available for (ie
primarily for sponsors).

I suggest:
1. Can you please assign key dates associated with the Demo Theater. Ie:
* When will you start accepting registrations for the demo theater (I
suggest now), put into a wiki, but don't guarantee a slot until we get
an idea about who wants to present.
* What date will we assign interested people to slots? I suggest ~ 3 to
4 weeks before the conference.

As you have already hinted, I suggest that demo theater slots are
offered based on:
1. Sponsors & Exhibitors (highest sponsors first)
2. Abstract submitters who were unsuccessful receiving an abstract
selection (highest ranked first)

This information should be included in a press release, due out in ~ 2
weeks, where we explain how to get involved in the extra foss4g
activities like:
Demo Theater,
Poster Sessions
Installfest,