[Foss4g2009] Tweaking and finalising the program

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 07:40:07 EST 2009

We have had a few discussions about the program recently, which I hope
we finalise over the upcoming week.

Simon, I don't seem to have write access to the program at:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pm1bvJQodiW0s8T_P6CJ-BQ&hl=en#

So I've attached my suggestions to this email. (Look at the "Proposed
Daily Program" sheet).

My suggestions:
* I've move Tutorials from the morning sessions to the day 2 afternoon.
* I've introduced Keynotes to day 2, 3, 4.
* I've introduced a 30 minute lightening talk slot.
* On the last day, I've set up: Integration Plugfest Panel, and an OSGeo
AGM (75 mins).
* I've managed to keep the same number of sessions and tutorials.

Questions:
* Keynotes are short, only 30 to 45 mins. Is this an issue? Should we
steal time from sessions?
* Current keynotes: BOM on Climate Change. Raj on CCIP. Google and one more.
* We have a spare keynote speaker slot. Paul Ramsey has been
recommended. Paul recommends Damian Conway, who presented to rave
reviews at FOSS4G 2007, and who happens to be Australian. (Will cost us
~ $2000, which is in our budget).
http://damian.conway.org/About_us/Bio_formal.html
Any comments.
* How long do we need for the conference close? Currently set at 30 mins.

Comments please.