[Foss4g2009] Workshop committee status

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:11:47 EST 2009

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Because of our technical glitches on the call yesterday, I seem to have
> missed the agenda items regarding workshops (the one item I was hoping
> to hear about).  Can someone give me an update on where we are with
> workshops?  I would like to become active in the workshop committee now,
> as I have been on that committee every year since the beginning of FOSS4G.
>
> -jeff

The update was pretty short.  IIRC, there was concern that we'd only
received one submission for workshops (including tutorials?) so far.  We
decided not to worry about that too much as it's normal to get the
majority of submissions in the last week.  I don't think it was
mentioned in the meeting, but we will need a reminder a week before the
deadline to jog peoples memories.

We also went over the workshop selection process and agreed with what
was discussed on the list.  Basically, everyone on the OC that cares to
reviews all workshops and tutorials and selects their preferred options
(10 workshops and 12 tutorials I think).  They then tell the group,
backing up their selection, and we fight it out to some reasonable
degree of consensus.  I think we had guidelines floating around
somewhere too, but we won't do any hard-numerical ranking.  We just want
people working from the same page.

--
Mark