[Foss4g2009] Amended Conference Program Available

mapbutcher mapbutcher at mapbutcher.com
Mon Feb 23 04:58:37 EST 2009

Hi,

As discussed at the OC meeting I have made a number of changes to the
program based upon feedback. The new version of the program is available
here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pm1bvJQodiW3WBYGU7MM0Og

This includes the majority of changes with the following exceptions - happy
to be shot down

1. I've opted for running all keynotes on Wednesday and Thursday because

   - the end of Friday is a dedicated get together for everyone to attend
   the conference close, CCIP panel & Sol Katz Award, i felt that having a half
   hour keynote on the Friday was not worth it given the afternoons agenda
   - from experience i find attendance on the morning after the dinner can
   be a bit sketchy...given the previous nights festivities

2. The following sessions will be in rooms with tutorial set ups to save
room reconfiguration

   - 21/10 Parkside G03 session 11.00-11.30
   - 21/10 Parkside G03 session 11.30-12.00
   - 22/10 Parkside G03 session 11.30-12.00
   - 22/10 Parkside G04 session 11.30-12.00

3. I've kept the AGM to be scheduled for the 21st from 16.30-18.00 because i
think it would be better attended on the first day of the conference given
that many attendees may have travel arrangements for the Friday afternoon

4. Extended the CCIP panel to 45 mins as per discussions at the last OC
meeting
5. Extended conference close and Sol Katz award to 45mins

6. Summary

12 tutorial
94 presentations (dropped 3 presentations)

G03 and G04 remain primary tutorial rooms. Due to room configuration we can
either:

a) accept a reduced capacity for a small number of presentations in these
rooms (see point 2 above)
b) organise resources to reconfigure these rooms at the necessary times

Simon