[Foss4g2009] Email list, web site adds, Industry Calenders

Harley Prowse HarleyP at geobiz.co.nz
Mon Feb 23 18:44:56 EST 2009

Hi,

I have created some extra headings on the marketing page
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Marketing_Plan):

Email List - A list of people, groups etc we should be email marketing
to.  Tour Hosts will use this to get in contact with people.
Web Marketing - A list of sites that we have approached for banner adds
and those that have agreed.
Industry Event Calendars - Event calendars that we have managed to get
our event on.

I have based this on what was done for 2007
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Communication).  It is empty at
present, but I will be adding to it as I verify email addresses etc.
Any help with this will be much appreciated, so either update the wiki
directly or email me with suggestions and I will follow them up.

If anyone has done any work on any of these areas already, then please
update the wiki with the current state of play or email me.

I noticed that actual email addresses were not on the 2007 wiki - was
this deliberate to avoid spam?  If so, I will collate actual email
addresses elsewhere (is there a place already for this - Tour Hosts?)

Tour Hosts, if you have any suggestions or additional info you would
like, please advise.

Harley Prowse
www.geobiz.co.nz